June 1999 Issue - Volume 45 - NO. 6 - Page 3
Stan, a New York native, became enamored with this area during yearly visits to his grandparents in Miami Beach and his years as a college student at the University of Miami. While in college, majoring in premed with intentions to follow his father's footsteps, Stan started selling insurance part-time so he could earn extra spending money. He did so well that he changed his major from chemistry to business and decided to pursue this field full-time.
Today Stan, who has offices on Kane Concourse, is one of the leading life insurance agents in the country, with some impressive and hard to get credentials. For starters, since 1972 Stan has been a
CLU (Charter Life Underwriter) member, an honor that only about 200 out of every 10,000 agents have achieved. In addition, he is a member of MALU (Miami Association of Life Underwriters) and DAHU (Dade Association of Health Underwriters) and the Estate Planning Council. A Surfside resident, Stan opened his offices in Bay Harbor Islands six years ago. Stan feels that for a professional
an address on Kane Concourse is comparable to being on Wall Street in New York City.
"It's a first class town," he says. "The Bay Harbor Islands image is one of quality and safety, which is important to me because clients come to see me from all, around the world. Many tell me that they look forward to visiting this pretty area."
Stan is very involved in the community. He is a past president of the Kiwanis, on the board of the Florida Gold Coast Chamber of Commerce, a major supporter of the Log Cabin Nursery, a member of the Surfside Pension Board and a member of the Bay Harbor Development Association. In addition, Stan writes a monthly column entitled Ask Stan - The Insurance Man in The Tropical Tribune.
So, what's Stan's secret to success? Without hesitation, he answers: "I work hard and do good work." In fact, one of the first clients he serviced in 1968 is still his client today. Another factor in his success story is his marriage to his wife Joyce. They have been together for 16 years and work side by side in a true partnership both on a personal level and in business. Stan has two children - a son Adam who recently married Jill - and a daughter Marisa who attends college and works.
- Entered insurance Business in1968
- Graduated University of Miami with a BBA in marketing in 1969
- Earned the CLU designation in 1972
- Founded Stanton M. Bershad, CLU & Associates Inc. in 1975
- Recipient of numerous insurance rewards
- Author of "ASK STAN THE INSURANCE MAN" column
- South Florida District Director for Texas Life
- Special advisor to CHPA
- Member of DAHU, MALU and CLU
- Past President North Shore Kiwanis Club
- Vice President of The Bay Harbor Development Association
- Board of Directors - Florida Gold Coast Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chairman (5th term) Surfside Pension Board
- Founder & Past President L'Chaim Lodge B'nai Brith
- Past President North Miami Beach Jay Cees
- Enjoys skiing, tennis and rollerblading
- Stan resides with his wife, Joyce, in surfside and has two children
Adam and Marisa